Sunday, February 24, 2013

Getting Closer

Thursday we were able to have our biometrics done for our I800.  This is basically an application to US immigration to adopt.  I tried to contact our officer to let her know the fingerprints were done, but there was a snowstorm and no one was in the office.  Hopefully tomorrow, Monday, I will be able to reach her.

My new short term goal is to have USCIS approval this week (please pray), then I will need to go to Austin early next week to have all our documents apostilled.  A family in Waco will be going to Bulgaria on March 7 and I would love to have them hand deliver them to our lawyer there.  Please pray.

This was another busy weekend at the Blackmon house.   Friday, two girls had sleepovers at friends.  Adelin had a youth conference at church and Troy helped with security there.  Colton, Aubryn and I had a fun time together.  Colton choose to go to the mall ( I questioned this, but he had an agenda).  He had some money from allowance and wanted to look for toys and clothes.  He was great, he knew exactly what he wanted to look and was a little picky about the toys when he found the prices.  He found 2 hats and a bowtie that he had to have.   I love that little guy!  He has his own style and ideas!

Saturday night we had the Gala for Providence Classical School.  It was fun to go with friends.  We didn't do any shopping this year since we are working hard to fund our adoption.  It was a great night for the school!  We have been blessed by Providence. 

Troy went to Florida today for a funeral.  Quick one day trip, I know he will be tired when he gets home in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment