Friday, December 7, 2012

Smells and Smiles

Things have been very busy here.  As far as adoption news, this week I drove to College Station to get certified copies of our marriage license.  Troy and I were fingerprinted for our fbi clearance.  I also received documents back that were apostilled in Austin and sent them to our adoption agency.  They will be taken to Europe next week and translated.

Aubryn and I enjoyed going to College Station.  She is such a great little girl.  About 45 minutes into the trip, she looked out the window and asked, "where are we going". I  told her to get some papers and then go to lunch.  She was fine with that.  Sweet girl sat in the car all morning without a complaint.  I did realize that there are not many restaurants with indoor play areas in that college town.  I had never noticed that before.  18 years later, I do not remember exactly why we got our marriage license in College Station.  But, it was alot better than having to go to downtown Houston for documents.

Caitlin is in the musical "Guys and Dolls" next weekend.  She is a hotbox dancer and has taught Aubryn her part.  I hope it brings a smile to your day.  Colton has also learned the song, but as any 5 year old boy would, he has changed the words and made his own silly (somewhat inappropriate) version.  Goofy kid!

 
On the smelly side of things, a new critter decided to take up residence in our garage.  On Monday night, a skunk decided he would like to live in there.  I called an exterminator/animal removal service and they wanted $425 to put a trap in there.  Well, for some strange reason, we already had a animal trap.  After trying several different things, we finally trapped him last night.  Thankfully, no one was "skunked out" in our experience.  He is still alive in a trap that was pulled about 200 ft away from the house.  He will stay in the trap until some critter lover has compassion and wants to let him out (I don't know how they could without getting sprayed) or till he takes his last breath.  So long, Skunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment