Saturday, April 13, 2013

Time away...now paying for it!

Last weekend, I was blessed to be able to go away with a crazy group of girls for the weekend.  Everything about it was wonderful.  We went to Round Top, TX during Antiques Weekend.  I left Houston Thursday morning and got to spend the whole weekend away.
On Thursday Night, we had fun getting dressed up for the Junk Gypsy prom....there is really no way to explain it...just Google it if you are interested.  The best part of that was our dinner at Royers under the tent! 
There was lots of shopping and fun!  I was blessed so much by the time I was able to spend with friends and also a much needed break from everyday.
 
Well, now I am having to do the payback.  As soon as I got home Sunday, Troy left for a week in Nigeria.  I was expecting him home over the weekend, but his trip was extended and he won't be home until Tuesday...I can deal with that, but things got a little difficult on Friday.
 
We got word that we were verbally approved by IAC for adoption, but some of the paperwork may have to be redone because we added Bradyn in at the last minute. I got word of all this (which will be ok) during a doctors appointment for Colton at Shriners.  The appointment was supposed to be a follow up, which I really almost cancelled.  When we get there, we waited forever, which is not normal at Shriners.  Then a different Dr. walks in, I explained Colton was Dr. Mancias patient and we would like to see him.. no problem, she was great about it.  A few minutes later, Dr. Mancias comes in and says he is trying to pull up mri results from a different hospital, it may take a few more minutes.  Everything is still good.  Then dr. Mancias returns with the whole staff ( 3 other dr. and 4 other therapist/nurses).  A few months ago, they determined the cause of Colton's leg problems was nerve damage that was due to a cyst, but it was most likely not malignant.  Now, after reviewing the mri further, there are some red flags that went up and they are now referring him to a dr. at md Anderson Cancer Center.  I am trying not worry, I don't really think that it is malignant, but I am anxious to hear from this new doctor.  Please pray for my sweet boy.
 
Anyway, this all happening at the same time left me feeling overwhelmed.  I am very ready for Troy to come home and I think I will need some more time away to recover.LOL
 
Quick add on- after I wrote this 3 of us got an awful stomach virus during the night, now I really am ready for Troy to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment